Love learning new things?
Thrive on a challenge?
Want to work at a place that’s highly collaborative and full of smart people?
We’d love to hear from you.
Incite Informatics blends the art and science of business analytics, data integration, and data visualization to bring clarity to the volumes of data organizations continuously collect. We provide our clients strategic and tactical expertise to spur improvement of their business performance by way of dashboard, analytical, and mobile software solutions. Incite Informatics is looking to add talented staff to our young but accomplished team of data scientists, business analysts, and application developers. The successful candidate must be a highly personable individual with a boardroom presence, a can-do attitude, strong facilitation skills, and the ability to multitask.
Incite Business Analyst – Open to Part-Time / Flex
Incite is looking to add a talented Business Analyst to our accomplished team of business analysts, technical architects, and application developers in Metro Detroit. The successful candidate must be a highly personable individual with a boardroom presence, a can-do attitude, strong facilitation skills, exceptional leadership ability, the ability to create pencil sketches of applications for heavy analytics , and able to handle and prioritize multiple streams of work. If you have a passion for facilitating energetic requirements sessions and a knack for visualization and solutions design, this may be the position for you!
We are looking for part-time, flex, local (Metro Detroit) candidates. Travel to client sites locally in Metro Detroit as well as around the US will be required. Travel is estimated at 1-2x per month and for 1-2 nights at a time. Work will flex with projects that ebb and flow, with up to 25 hours of work per week during busy cycles. Incite will consider an eventual full-time position for the right candidate.
In an iterative and agile environment, the Business Analyst is responsible for leading clients through user goal oriented requirements definition and then translating those requirements into analytics pencil sketches. The Business Analyst will coordinate and facilitate meetings with users to learn and document the business process and develop an understanding of how a solution can truly drive business value. The Business Analyst works directly with the graphics team to facilitate the production of high fidelity digital wireframes, to ensure that the business requirements are met by the designs of the applications. The Business Analyst will lean on the Business Solutions leadership team for UI/UX design and aesthetics. The Business Analyst will work directly with the delivery team to communicate the design and represent the requirements through the development, the quality assurance (QA)/testing cycles, and ultimately the delivery of the solution. In this position, the Business Analyst will support project management by identifying and breaking down roles and work to support a solution. The Business Analyst will communicate progress to Incite and client stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills – able to effectively share and capture ideas and information across a varied set of individuals and levels of an organization – via all modes of communication and across times and locations.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills – resonate with others and bring a unique, value-add personality to our team and clients – foster an environment in which others want to work – fresh, fun, productive, innovative.
- Solid active listening skills – able to internalize what was said and ask the right follow up questions to gain full understanding and uncover the gems.
- Strong leadership and decision-making ability – able to assess a situation and make good decisions for the benefit of the company, team, client, and project.
- Exceptional drive – self-starter who takes action to facilitate progress.
- 4-6 years of Business Analyst experience in large organizations
- Work experience with both business stakeholders at all levels of the organization (executives, management, analysts) as well as with IT leadership and development teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Elicitation of requirements from all types of users ranging from C-level executives to line operators
- Translating business requirements into neat and engaging pencil sketches
- Shepherding requirements and being the voice of the user throughout the development cycle
- Conducting quality assurance (QA) throughout the life of the project – developing and executing test plans
- Establishing and managing a requirements backlog with documented users and user goals
- Conducting estimation sessions with a development team
- Providing actionable updates to project stakeholders
- Documenting business process, data flow, etc.
Not Required but Nice-to-Have Experience
- Business Intelligence / MicroStrategy / Tableau / Qlik / PowerBI experience
- Data flow diagramming (source-to-target)
- SQL reading/writing
- Graphical and UI/UX design
- Adobe Suite of products
- Reporting location: Farmington Hills, MI
- Up to 25% travel may be required