Love learning new things?
Thrive on a challenge?
Want to work at a place that’s highly collaborative and full of smart people?
We’d love to hear from you.
Incite Informatics blends the art and science of business analytics, data integration, and data visualization to bring clarity to the volumes of data organizations continuously collect. We provide our clients strategic and tactical expertise to spur improvement of their business performance by way of dashboard, analytical, and mobile software solutions. Incite Informatics is looking to add talented staff to our young but accomplished team of data scientists, business analysts, and application developers. The successful candidate must be a highly personable individual with a boardroom presence, a can-do attitude, strong facilitation skills, and the ability to multitask.
Incite Business Analyst / UI/UX Designer
Incite is looking to add a talented Business Analyst / UI/UX Designer to our accomplished team of business analysts, technical architects, and application developers in Metro Detroit. The successful candidate must be a highly personable individual with a boardroom presence, a can-do attitude, strong facilitation skills, exceptional leadership ability, exceptional design ability and experience in the analytics space, and able to handle and prioritize multiple streams of work. If you have a passion for facilitating energetic requirements sessions and a knack for visualization and solutions design, this may be the position for you!
We will consider part-time, flex, local telecommute, remote options for the right candidates.
In an iterative and agile environment, the Business Analyst / UI/UX Designer is responsible for leading clients through user goal oriented requirements definition and then translating those requirements into highly visual solution wireframes. The Business Analyst / UI/UX Designer will coordinate and facilitate meetings with users to learn and document the business process and develop an understanding of how a solution can truly drive business value. The Business Analyst / UI//UX Designer works directly with the delivery team to communicate the design and represents these requirements through the development and ultimately delivery of the solution. In this position, the Business Analyst / UI/UX Designer will support project management by identifying and breaking down roles and work to support a solution. The Business Analyst / UI/UX Designer will communicate progress to Incite and client stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills – able to effectively share and capture ideas and information across a varied set of individuals and levels of an organization – via all modes of communication and across times and locations.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills – resonate with others and bring a unique, value-add personality to our team and clients – foster an environment in which others want to work – fresh, fun, productive, innovative.
- Solid active listening skills – able to internalize what was said and ask the right follow up questions to gain full understanding and uncover the gems.
- Strong leadership and decision-making ability – able to assess a situation and make good decisions for the benefit of the company, team, client, and project.
- Exceptional drive – self-starter who takes action to facilitate progress.
- Exceptional UI/UX design skills, specifically with analytics/data/reporting applications
- 5-10 years of Business Analyst experience in large organizations
- Work experience with both business stakeholders at all levels of the organization (executives, management, analysts) as well as with IT leadership and development teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Elicitation of requirements from all types of users ranging from C-level executives to line operators
- Translating business requirements into pixel perfect, innovative designs using various graphics tools
- Shepherding requirements and being the voice of the user throughout the development cycle
- Conducting quality assurance throughout the life of the project – developing and executing test plans
- Establishing and managing a requirements backlog with documented users and user goals
- Conducting estimation sessions with a development team
- Providing actionable updates to project stakeholders
- Documenting business process, data flow, etc.
Not Required but Nice-to-Have Experience
- Business Intelligence / MicroStrategy / Tableau / Qlik / PowerBI experience
- Data flow diagramming (source-to-target)
- SQL reading/writing
- Reporting location: Farmington Hills, MI
- Up to 30% travel may be required
- Incite offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a rich health insurance plan, 401k plan with company matching, paid time off, merit-based bonus pay, and opportunity for commission income